Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday

Today was a pretty awesome day! Brother Tower(my piano's teacher husband from Washington) was in town today and came to church with us and then after church he came over for dinner. It was so nice to see him after almost three years. So yeah, that was exciting.

Today was fast Sunday and a lot of interesting things were said. Our Bishop told one story that I particularly enjoyed. It went like this: A philosophy professor came into the classroom and grabbed a chair and put it on the desk. For the final exam he simply said,"prove this chair does not exist" and left the room. Most of the students were writing pages and pages, but one student wrote two words on the paper, "What chair?" turned it in and walked out of the class. A few days later when the grades were posted, the class anxiously looked and saw that the student who wrote "what chair?" had received an "A." Bishop related this to how we let the opinions of the world determine what we believe. I thought that was a rather eye opening message. Especially as a teenager, what your peers think of you is important, and sometimes we can put that before doing the right thing. I am gonna be careful to not give into peer pressure and do what I know is right regardless of what people think.

OK well I'll write tomorrow! Ugh I have to go to the dentist!! *nervous shutters*

1 comment:

Fireball said...

Hey! Your blog looks great! I'm glad Bryan got the chance to hang out with you guys. I wish that I could have been there, too. Looking forward to future posts!

Love,
Marilee